Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes are foods rich in carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and low in fat and cholesterol free. Other nutrients derived from processed low-fat products such as meat poultry and fish. Balance also between calories in with calories out.
Healthy Diet Guide
Here are the steps that can be used as a guide for a healthy diet.
- Eat foods that contain lots of fiber, among which are fruits, vegetables, beans, and wheat based products. These food groups contain carbohydrates "good", nutritious, low calorie and filling.
- Make sure your diet includes vegetables and fruits are green, orange, and yellow, like broccoli, carrots, and oranges. Content of antioxidants and nutrients in them able to fight cancer and other diseases.
- Limit consumption of foods containing sugar or sweeteners. Sugar is added substances were added in various food products. Most contain a high fat content.
- Limit your fat intake from animal products, which is a type of saturated fat. Saturated fats raise cholesterol levels and be bad for your health.
- Eat more fish and nuts contain unsaturated fats are healthy. Use olive oil or canola oil to replace butter.
- Limit servings to eat, especially foods high in calories.
- Keep your cholesterol under 300 mg per day. Cholesterol is present in animal products such as meat, dairy products, and egg yolks.
- Eat foods that are varied. Do not meet nutritional needs of the body by eating only one type of food. Eating a variety of foods will ensure your body is well provided with various nutrients. After all, this will restrict you from pesticides or toxic substances that may be contained in one specific type of food.
- Inadequate your daily calcium requirement. Calcium is important for maintaining bone and teeth health. Meet the needs of low-fat calcium sources, such as skim milk and low-fat yogurt. If it difficult to meet calcium needs, you can use food supplements.
- Try to meet the needs of vitamins and minerals from food rather than supplements. Supplements can not replace the nutrients from the original source, which also contains certain compounds as well as vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain your ideal body weight. Balance calories in with calories out. Exercise is a great way to overcome it.