Actually, the inside of the CPU or processor device consists of only three units (components), main control unit, arithmetic and logic unit and the unit registers. This is the third unit that will synergize in running all kinds of computer operations. Okay, let's begin to discuss one by one ...
1. Control Unit (Control Unit / CU)
The control unit is part of the CPU that controls the flow of data travel. More simply, if we suppose seabrek data as vehicles crowded the highway, then the control unit is more or less can we think of as police traffic control.
In detail, the following list of duties of the controlling unit (Control Unit):
- Regulate and control the means of input and output
- Taking instructions from main memory (Memoti Main)
- Taking the data to be processed from the main memory
- Mengirmkan instructions to the arithmetic and logic unit arithmetic calculations or if there is comparison logic
- Storing the data processing results back to main memory
Arithmetic and logic unit is part of the CPU is limited to cope with data that require arithmetic and mathematical calculations. Of course, the data that goes into this unit have been sorted in advance by The controller, the control unit.
In between jobs Arithmetic and Logic Unit are:
- Addition, summation
- Subtrac, reduction
- Multiply, multiplication
- Division, Division of
This is where temporary storage for various data to be processed by computer. Because the function of the CPU as a temporary storage, registers the component is often referred to as the savings are small. In other words, this component helps relationships (interfaces) to and from memory, not as a final storage or external storage.
Register or Memory Component (Storage) is divided into four areas, namely:
- Input Storage Area is an area or place that becomes the receiver and reservoir data from input devices like key boards and scanners.
- Program storage area is an area or place that was inhabited by an instruction program during the process of running these programs underway.
- Working Storage Area is an area or place for storing various data which are being processed.
- Put Out Storage Area is an area or place used for receiving and accommodating the processed data from working storage area, hereinafter, the data is sent to the out put divice.
The second is the auxiliary storage Storage that serves to assist the internal storage during the processing of data. Last is the externa storage. External storage is storage that can store data within a relatively longer watu.
Source :: Anneahira.com